Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Tokyo City Dome

Aaron and I woke up around 7 AM (crazy, right?!) to do one more dip in the onsen. We got a private 2 seater and it was nice, but also extremely hot so it made me sweat. We then got very brave and tried out the PUBLIC onsen, meaning that Aaron was bathing with random men and I would be bathing with random women. Yes, I finally got the courage. Unfortunately, when I got into the room, there wasn't a single woman in there. I sat in the huge tub for a few minutes, but again, it was too hot. We ended our relaxation with a trip to the massage chairs. Aaaahhhh! Breakfast was meh. I ate all my rice. The problem for me in these "prix fixe" places always serve some weird shit.
After returning back to Tokyo, we decided to wander around our neighborhood. Since we had the rest of our trip planned out, today was just for checking out random places and keeping busy. We found a cute bakery that had cream puffs in cute shapes. Of course, they had a totoro, and yes, I got one.
Yummy. We decided that with our time, we should see the Tokyo City Dome. It's an entire shopping complex that also has a baseball field, ferris wheel, and a TON of "quarter" games.
Aaron got a Mitsuya lemon lime drink. It was super sweet. I loved it. Him, not so much.
Once we arrived at Tokyo Dome City, we tried to waste time (much of this day was just to waste time until we could do dinner and sleep) I found a store that had little Jiji's from Kiki's Delivery Service. I mean, everything had Jiji on it! So cute! I was squealing the entire day! Also, Totoro on everything....not the sisters, just Totoro.  I bought myself and my sisters little wash cloths.
Look, they even had a baby set that was Totoro themed. A Catbus rattle?! Are you kidding me?! Ovaries=exploded!
Dinner was at yet another sushi train place. This one was not as good as the one in Kyoto and more expensive. The selection was not nearly as big for me, and the chefs spoke a lot more English making me feel less authentic. It was tasty, but I didn't get awesome rolls like roast beef or corn. Le sigh.

No comments: